2023 COVID-19 Policies
Last updated: 15 Apr 2023
While many organizations and agencies have relaxed their COVID-19 policies and the CDC has seen a significant reduction in severe cases and hospitalizations, COVID-19 is still a serious threat for members of our community who are at higher risk due to a weakened immune system or underlying conditions.
While we recognize that even with the best precautions and measures we cannot completely eliminate the risk of contracting COVID-19, we hope that our community will support and comply with our policies in order to protect the most vulnerable of our community members.
Please review the following requirements, protective measures, and recommendations we have put in place for Go Play NW 2023. If you have any questions about these policies, please contact us.
Vaccines and masks are required
Everyone who attends Go Play NW 2023 is required to be fully vaccinated and to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose.
Masking: You must wear a KN95-level or higher mask that covers your nose and mouth while indoors at all times. Masks may be removed outdoors and while eating and drinking, but we ask that you put your mask on between bites or sips.
Disposable KN95 masks are available for free at the registration table as needed.
Proof of vaccination: You must provide written or electronic documentation that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon entry to Go Play NW 2023. Fully vaccinated means that you have received either the second shot of a two-dose mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna or Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson) with a second shot of an mRNA (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or NovaVax shot, no later than Friday, June 23, 2023.
We recommend you stay up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
In addition to our Vaccination and Masking Requirements, Go Play NW is taking the following measures to help our community stay infection free!
KN95 masks are available
Disposable KN95 masks are available to Go Play NW attendees; please see the registration table for more information.
On-site rapid testing
If you feel sick and are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please get tested! Go Play NW has a limited supply of at-home rapid tests for those who are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms; please see the registration table for more information.
We recommend attendees also bring their own rapid tests. At home COVID-19 rapid antigen tests are available at most pharmacies, such as Walgreens or CVS.
Built using MERV 13 furnace filters and box fans, Corsi-Rosenthal boxes provide an inexpensive and portable way to improve ventilation and air quality. Corsi-Rosenthal boxes will be placed around the Go Play NW venue. For more information see this article by CleanAirCrew.org.
Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes
We will provide hand sanitizing stations for attendee use, as well as sanitizing wipes for tables and play materials.
To make sure our convention is a fun and safe event for everyone, we encourage you to follow these recommendations.
- If you feel sick or had close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual and are waiting for your test results, PLEASE STAY HOME. See our COVID-19 refund policy.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 10 days, PLEASE STAY HOME. See our COVID-19 refund policy.
- Take a rapid test the day of Go Play NW 2023 if one is available.
- Get up-to-date on your vaccinations and COVID-19 boosters; see How Do I Find a COVID-19 Vaccine or Booster? for help finding a COVID-19 vaccine location near you.
- Practice social distancing! Leave 6 feet of space between you and anyone outside of your table.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer
COVID-19 symptoms and infections
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, PLEASE STAY HOME and get tested. See our COVID-19 refund policy. COVID-19 symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Fevers or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
COVID-19 refund policy
Please do not attend Go Play NW if you:
- Test positive for COVID-10 within 10 days prior to Go Play NW 2023,
- Were in close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within 10 days prior to Go Play NW,
- Or, are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
You may cancel your registration and receive a refund through Eventbrite up to 7 days before the event.
If you need to cancel your registration within 7 days of the start of Go Play NW 2023 please contact us.
Covid-19 Antigen Test Kit from Free Stock photos by Vecteezy